Participating Whole Life Insurance
Par policies are very low-maintenance for the consumer - they allow you to have an investment component and whole life insurance without requiring investment expertise. With a Participating policy, you can leave the investing up to the professionals.
Par products are the best solution for consumers looking for insurance with a tax-deferred investment without the need to manage those investments, and who are looking for a balanced investment portfolio without the annual fluctuations caused by market value changes.
- the potential for tax-deferred growth without the risk of loss associated with equity market
- protection for a lifetime
- guaranteed premiums
- guaranteed cash values (this amount increases over time and the growth accrues on a tax-deferred basis)
- guaranteed, tax-free death benefits
- dividends (not guaranteed) - based on the overall financial results of the Canadian Participating Fund - an investment fund dedicated to Participating policyholders
Insurance company's offers a number of Participating Whole Life Plans, each focussing on different financial needs and goals.